Chicken drums are often very cheap at the grocery store in comparison to the most sought after chicken breasts, supremes or wings. These drum sticks are a great way to feed the whole family while not spending a ton of money on just one ingredient.
This recipe doesn’t take a lot of prep time and I recommend marinating the chicken overnight to infuse the chicken lots of flavor of fresh garlic and herbs, then simply placing the chicken on the baking sheet the next day when you are ready!
- If you do not have time to marinate the chicken overnight, I would suggest marinating the chicken for at last 2 hours.
- Can use smooth mustard in place of grainy mustard.
Baked Garlic, Mustard & Herb Chicken Drumsticks
- November 19, 2019
- 9 hr
- Print this
- 16 organic chicken drumsticks (about 4 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 C avocado oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C parsley, rough chopped
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C grainy mustard* see recipe note
- 1 tbsp mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Step 1
- Combine all ingredients into a large ziplock bag or shallow baking dish and marinate chicken overnight.
- Step 2
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Step 3
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet and be sure not to overcrowd chicken by leaving space in between each drumstick.
- Step 4
- Pour the marinade over top of the chicken and bake for 25 minutes. Turn drumsticks over and cook for another 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°
- Step 5
- Turn the oven to broil and broil for 2 minutes to get the tops nicely browned and slightly crispy. Always keep a very close eye on your food when you are broiling. I check every 20-30 seconds. This is a super easy and fast way to crisp up your food, but pay very close attention to prevent burning.
- Step 6
- Serve hot beside your favourite side dish.