What’s better than banana muffins? Banana Pumpkin muffins!
I just got back from India where I learned and practiced all things yoga and obtained my 200hr yoga teacher training certificate! I stayed in Goa which is a province on the West coast and oh my goodness is it ever beautful (and extremely hot…). They don’t have pumpkin season in India and since I was gone for the entire month of October, I totally missed out on Calgary’s short lived fall season, which also means I missed our pumpkin season completely. Dang.
So here I am, one week after arriving back in my home country still adjusting to the cold weather and I just want to enjoy some damn pumpkin recipes okay?!
Easy to make and even easier to eat. Great for a healthy snack on the go!
- I like using Bobs Red Mill 1:1 gluten free flour blend
- Can use honey or agave syrup instead of maple syrup
- Can use coconut oil or butter instead
- Can use chocolate chips instead of walnuts to make this nut free and school friendly
- This recipe makes 15 muffins as it was originally adapted from a bread recipe. To make this recipe as a bread, pour batter into bread pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Banana Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
- November 8, 2019
- 35 min
- Print this
- 2 C gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cardamom
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C overripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Step 2
- In a large mixing bowl or electric mixer, combine dry ingredients. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (sometimes I like to keep the banana a little bit chunky). Add wet ingredients to dry and combine until just mixed.
- Step 3
- Fold in walnuts, being careful not to over mix.
- Step 4
- Scoop batter into muffin liners until about 3/4 full.
- Step 5
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.