Homemade cookies are just so damn good and can always put me in a good mood. The sweet aroma they give off when they’re freshly baked is just the best to come home to and I think everyone can agree on that! You can always count on me to always bring cookies if we’re going on a road trip, hike, vacation, etc.
But I like having snacks that have nutrients and aren’t just full of sugar and processed ingredients. Who feels me? If I’m going to make a snack, I want it to at least be filling and not make my blood sugar crash in an hour and give me some sustained energy. That’s why I love grain free baking.
In this recipe, I use almond flour instead of refined grain flour, which brings a lot more macro nutrients to the table. High in protein and fat, your body will digest these cookies slowly and that will keep you fuller for longer.
This recipe uses Three Farmers Camelina oil. The nutty and earthy flavour really shines through and compliments the subtle sweetness from the maple syrup and the chocolate chips. I used the recipe for my favourite paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe and I was feeling creative and adventurous that day, so I decided to use the camelina oil instead of coconut oil and OH MAMA I’m happy I did. I found that it changed the texture of these dense yet soft cookies to be suuuper soft and almost pillow like. No complaints from me!
Three Farmers Camelina oil is one of my favourite oils to have my pantry for cooking, and now that I’ve tried baking with it, I can’t wait to make more treats and snacks with this delicious oil!
Camelina Chocolate Chip Cookies
- January 8, 2019
- 30 min
- Print this
- 3 C almond flour
- 1/4 C arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C Three Farmers Camelina Oil
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2-1 C organic semisweet chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat
- Step 2
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, and salt.
- Step 3
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla extract. Add camelina oil, and maple syrup and whisk.
- Step 4
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Step 5
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Step 6
- Let cool and store in airtight containers for up to 7 days.