I think most people can agree that banana bread is totally the bomb dot com. Each bite of banana bread is accompanied by this feeling of childhood nostalgia. It’s one of those things that my mom used ot make growing up, cut into thick slices and serve with butter that would start to melt right into front of you into the freshly baked banana bread. Each bite was a mouthful of pure bliss.
Banana bread has always been one of those feel good foods.
I’ve been feeling so depressed for an entire week and it’s really starting to get exhausting. So this morning when I woke up I was sick of this depressed feeling and the bullshit anxiety that comes with it, I headed straight to my kitchen to bake banana bread in my underwear.
This recipe was actually my first time baking with chickpea flour (although I can’t say it was my first time baking in my underwear) and I can say that I’m excited to work and create with it in the future!
- Look for chickpea flour in the ethnic isle at the grocery store opposed to in the heath food section. It’s so much cheaper there.
Chickpea Flour Banana Bread
- July 27, 2019
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 3 super ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (can substitute maple syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla ext
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 C chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 C chocolate chips plus more for garnishing
- other additional ingredients to fold in:
- walnuts, pecans or blueberries
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Step 2
- In a medium bowl or a stand up electric mixer, whisk together bananas, agave syrup, vanilla, eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Step 3
- In separate bowl, combine chickpea flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using or other additional ingredients.
- Step 4
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 5
- Let cool before slicing.