I learned right away in my relationship that the key to my boyfriends heart is through avocados and sweet potato. That guy freaking looooves those two ingredients. So when I told him I had plans to make avocado brownies, I swear I could see hearts in his eyes.
These brownies will literally surprise everyone. Maybe I should sell these brownies to a super hipster cafe. I bet you I could make a lot of money from all those damn hipsters… I really want to bake these brownies, hand them out to people and only AFTER they’ve been eaten is when I will tell them that they actually have avocados in them. It that ethical? If I’m being honest, I don’t really care.
One of my favourite things to do is trick people into eating food that I know they will enjoy and telling them the ingredients afterwards (one of my favourite recipes to do that with are these chocolate chip cookie dough protein balls. They have crickets in them.. suckers.
The avocado gives it a really nice thick, dense, cake-like texture but isn’t too sweet. I also added a little bit of Cocoa Maca powder by Organika to give these brownies a bit of hormonal balancing boost and energizing properties.
Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- March 11, 2019
- 25 min
- Print this
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 C coconut sugar (can substitute with xylitol for sugar free)
- 1/2 C cashew or almond flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Organika cocoa maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C dark chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9×9″ square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Step 2
- Add avocado, eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, and coconut oil into your food processor and process until it’s smooth and creamy (can also use an electric hand mixer). Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt and process until combined. Add chocolate chips and process quickly just to fold into the batter.
- Step 3
- Pour batter into baking pan (the mixture will be thick) and spread out evenly. Garnish with flaked sea salt or more chocolate chips and bake for 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Step 4
- Let cool completely before cutting into 12 squares. Store in airtight container