I made this recipe because it’s hot af here in Calgary. I’m bored and have been watching Netflix in my apartment all day (still in my pyjamas… don’t judge me!) because my head hurts due to getting my wisdom teeth out the other day and all I want to do is chew. But I CAN’T because there are gaping holes in my gums! and they HURT!
- I like using High Vibe Health bone broth that is made right here in Calgary. The broths are simmered for 24-48 hours which ensures that as much nourishing goodness as possible is extracted from the bones. Alternatively, if I don’t have High Vibe Health broth, I use my own homemade broth.
- This recipe can also be made without using bone broth to make it vegan friendly. I suggest using cashew or oat milk instead.
Chocolate Bone Broth Milkshake
- July 24, 2019
- 10 min
- Print this
- 3/4 C canned coconut milk
- 1/2 C hemp seeds
- 1 C beef bone broth or dairy free milk
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-2.5 C ice cubes (or 9-12 standard sized ice cubes)
- maple syrup, honey or stevia to sweeten
- 2 scoops collagen powder (optional)
- garnishes: coconut whip cream, chocolate flakes, cocoa powder or sprinkles
- Step 1
- Add coconut milk and hemp seeds in high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step 2
- Add remaining ingredients (start with 2 cups of ice then increase if needed). Blend on high until all ice is blended and the milkshake has a smooth consistency.
- Step 3
- Pour in glass and drink up!