- You can use medium firm tofu instead of soft if you want more of a thicker sauce (you can tell the texture difference between the first photo of the salad where I used medium firm tofu vs the other photos that show it to be thinner). I prefer to use soft tofu for this recipe because it resembles more of dressing but you can try both and tell me what you prefer!
- I like using it as a dressing to mediterranean salads like the one featured above, as a dips for vegetables or with shawarma!
Dairy Free Tzatiki
- August 12, 2019
- 500 ml
- 4 hr
- Print this
- 1 300g package of soft (or medium) tofu
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded
- Step 1
- Add all ingredients minus the cucumber to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and combined.
- Step 2
- To seed the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. (keep for later use in smoothies!) Grate the cucumber using the fine side of a cheese grater. Pile the grated cucumber on a piece or 2 of paper towel or a clean dish cloth and gently squeeze out the liquid.
- Step 3
- Add cucumber to blender and turn on for only a moment to combine.
- Step 4
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.