Start your day off in the best way possible with these delicious Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Vanilla Cake Muffins
This recipe is an old remake from my previous blog! It’s been 1 year since all this Covid bullshit took over the world and turned all of our lives upside down. When covid shook the world, it was 1 day after the 1 year anniversary of my mom passing which was a struggle of its own. The next day I showed up at work (I was working in a restaurant at the time) and it was so slow that I only worked 2 hours before getting sent home. The next day I got laid off as Alberta mandated that all dine-in restaurants shut down. So to say the least, last march was FILLED with grief.
After a few weeks of being quarantined with Jericho and at least 10 existential crisis later, I decided that I would use all of this free time that I has been given to rebrand and redo my entire website! I got a lot of help from Jericho (thank goodness he is technologically inclined because otherwise I would have been totally SCREWED haha) and about 6 weeks later it was ready for the world to see!
Any of my readers remember what my old blog looked like? And the photos? BARF.
I am honestly SO happy with my new website. It’s nearing its 1st birthday and I am really proud of all the hard work that has gone into the website over the last year. It’s also really nice to be able to see all of the growth! Due to poor quality images (and if i’m being totally honest here, poor quality recipes too!), I couldn’t bring over ALL of the recipes that were on my previous blog. But I still have the old recipes saved to a Google Drive and I am slowly chipping away at all of my old recipes and transforming them into really good ones.
So after a few tweaks, this old recipe of mine is new and improved and ready for you to enjoy!
Reasons why you will love these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Vanilla Cake Muffins
- They are moist and delicious!
- The flours used in this recipe are almond and oat, which are gluten free!
- They can free enjoyed fresh, or frozen for up to 2 months if you want to enjoy them later.
- The blueberries add a nice tartness to the cake muffins.
- A lemon blueberry cake muffin is a perfect mid day snack.
- You can make them more lemon-y if you prefer by adding fresh lemon zest to the batter!
I hope that you absolutely LOVE these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Vanilla Cake Muffins! If you make this recipe, be sure to let me know in the comments below, and tag me on Instagram or Pinterest @wholisticfoodie and use the hashtag #wholisticfoodie!
- Make these muffins more lemony by adding as much lemon zest as you want! I would suggest using the zest from 2-3 lemons.
- If you require these muffins to be gluten free for dietary reasons, be sure to purchase certified gluten free oat flour.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used.
- These muffins freeze well! Store in a sealed bag for up to 2 months.
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Vanilla Cake Muffins
- March 23, 2021
- 35 min
- Print this
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia or poppy seeds (optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with 12 liners.
- Step 2
- In a large sized mixing bowl, whisk together the oat milk, lemon juice, eggs, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla extract. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the almond, coconut and oat flour along with the baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Step 3
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to incorporate. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the flours to absorb the liquid, and slightly thicken. Fold in the blueberries and chia seeds (if using), and evenly scoop all the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- Step 4
- Bake for 20-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.