These buffalo cauliflower caesar salad wraps are healthy, light, nutrient dense and bursting with flavour!
Ceasar salads are one of my all time favourite salads. My favourite way to enjoy a caesar salad is using grilled romaine and eating it as a “deconstructed caesar”, but enjoying a tightly packed wrap that is easy to eat while on the go is a close second! These wraps are perfect for summer picnics, to pack for an afternoon lunch, road trip or on any damn day of the week. Don’t let anyone try to tell you when you can or can not eat a caesar salad wrap! Not even me!
Reasons why you will love this recipe:
- It’s healthy and contains vegetables that will support liver health.
- Cauliflower is a prebiotic, which acts as food for probiotics. This means it is healthy for the microflora in your gut.
- Spinach helps to build healthy bones, detoxify the blood, supports healthy eyesight and contains antioxidants.
- It is deliciously spicy.
- It is easy to make.
- You can prepare it ahead of time and enjoy later.
You can easily buy your own dressing, but I MUCH rather prefer to make my own so I can make it super garlicky and delicious. The intense garlic is honestly my favourite part. For this recipe you can use a store bought dressing if you’re tight for time, or use your tried and trusted personal favourite dressing of course. If you don’t have a recipe that you know and love, you should try one of mine!
My Bomb As F*%K Caesar Dressing: This dressing is a traditional dressing but with my own flare using anchovy paste, capers, caper brine, lots of lemon juice and LOTS of garlic! You make it from scratch, making your own creamy and delicious dressing. A little bit of patience and skill is required to emulsify the egg yolk with the oils, but I promise it is worth your time!
Vegan Tahini Caesar Dressing: No emulsification, egg yolks or oil in this recipe at all! This super flavourful dressing uses tahini as the main ingredient and is flavoured with lemon juice, garlic and capers. As said in the title, it is completely vegan so it is a great choice to serve to guests if you are unsure of dietary restrictions or allergies!
Caesar dressing pairs perfectly with so many meals or dishes. My favourite way to enjoy caesar dressing is as a salad, but you can actually get pretty creative and and use it in more than just salads.
Here are some fun ways to use Caesar dressing besides salads:
- Coat your vegetables with it before roasting
- Use as a dip with crudité
- As a spread on your sandwich or burger
- Substitute caesar dressing instead of mayo for chicken salads
- As a dip for chicken wings
If you make this recipe, let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @wholisticfoodie so I can see your creations!
- Substitute any green such as romaine, arugula, kale or collard greens.
- Use a gluten free wrap if necessary, or toss the wrap and eat as a salad instead!
- You can use whatever hot sauce you love! My personal favourites are Buffalo, Franks, Louisiana or Valentinas
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Caesar Salad Wraps
- June 3, 2020
- 35 min
- Print this
- 9 C cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 - 1/3 C buffalo hot sauce
- 8 C spinach
- 1/4 C caesar dressing
- 4 large spinach wraps (or plain wraps)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2
- Arrange cauliflower on baking sheet and drizzle avocado oil on top. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the outside is tender but the inside still firm when poked with a fork.
- Step 3
- Arrange 4 wraps on a clean counter top. In a large bowl, add the spinach along with ceasar dressing (using more dressing if necessary) and mix together. Evenly distribute on top of the 4 wraps.
- Step 4
- Using the same bowl you used to dress the spinach, add the cauliflower and hot sauce. Toss to evenly coat. Evenly distribute cauliflower on each wrap.
- Step 5
- Begin to roll the wrap up by tucking in the sides, then proceeding to gently squeeze the contents inside as you roll forward until the ingredients are tightly wrapped.
- Step 6
- Cut in half and enjoy!