Chia pudding is a great way start the day especially if you have busy and early mornings.
I personally don’t like eating early in the morning. My digestive system just hasn’t woken up yet and feeding myself when I first wake up just doesn’t work for me. My last year of culinary school was filled with suuuper early mornings (6am classes came as an unpleasant surprise to me in my first year and unfortunately followed me until the end of my 2 years spent at SAIT) and on the weekends I worked the brunch shift in the kitchen I was working in and had to be there at 6:30am. I would bring chia puddings to eat as my breakfast because they have a ton of fibre, protein and healthy fats and would leave me satiated for hours.
This lemon chia parfait is perfect for those quick or early mornings without having compromise on flavour or health. Turmeric is the secret ingredient that makes this parfait yellow to appear more “lemon-like” but also makes this meal anti-inflammatory as well!
Lemon & Blueberry Chia Parfait
- February 8, 2019
- 15 min
- Print this
- 1 1/2 C hemp or cashew milk
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Organika Turmeric Latte powder (if you don't have Organika Turmeric Latte just use 1/2 tsp of turmeric)
- pinch of turmeric
- stevia to sweeten or 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 C chia seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 pint blueberries
- Step 1
- Pour all of the ingredients besides the chia, poppy seeds and blueberries into your blender and blend until combined.
- Step 2
- Add the chia and poppy seeds and blend until just mixed in.
- Step 3
- Divide into 4 250ml mason jars, garnish with blueberries and store in fridge for up to 4 days.