So many granolas out there are BOOOOORING.
I’ve noticed that a lot of granola’s available on the shelves at basically ALL grocery stores are just oats and other cereal grains then maybe a few nuts and a ton of raisins.
They are also incredibly high in sugar like wtf?! Granola is marketed to be “healthy” and yet it has a ton of processed ingredients in it and has SO much refined sugar.
Well that is not the case for this batch of granola.
This granola is super simple to make while being grain free, low sugar, refined sugar free, nut, egg, dairy, soy and gluten free. It’s high in fibre, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants and is a great addition to yogurt, chia puddings, smoothie bowls or by the handful.
I like that this granola is nut free because it helps to keep it budget friendly. It’s a damn recession here in Alberta I’ve gotta be careful where I spend my money! I picked up the ingredients in the bulk section at Save On Foods and both my wallet and myself left happy.
Not Boring Paleo Granola
- February 8, 2019
- 3 L
- 30 min
- Print this
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp sunflower butter
- 3/4 C sunflower seeds
- 3/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 C coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C goji berries (can also use raisins)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Step 2
- In a small bowl, add water to chia and flax seeds and let soak for ~3 minutes. In a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients except for the goji berries and mix well. Combine chia and flax seeds and make sure they are fully incorporated into the granola mix.
- Step 3
- Bake for 10 mins then stir to ensure even baking. Bake for another 5 minutes, then add goji berries to the granola and stir. Bake 5 more minutes or until granola is golden brown, aromatic and smells toasty.
- Step 4
- Let cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.