Cookies. One of my truest loves on this planet. Especially these One Bowl Chewy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies!
Do you have a cookie jar from your childhood? My mom worked in banks most of her life, and she had this cookie jar that is in the shape of a “bank” for as long as I can remember. I’m not exactly sure when she got it, but my guess is that she got it in the 80’s or very early 90’s! I inherited the cookie jar after she passed away, and I absolutely love baking delicious cookies and filling the cookie bank with them. Opening the lid and reaching my hand inside to grab a yummy cookie brings me joy every single time.
Wouldn’t it be a lovely and more peaceful world if cookies were a legitimate form of currency? I don’t think it would be very realistic or how we could incorporate cookies into the stock market…. But I’m here for it.
These cookies are super easy to make and only require one bowl! They are perfectly sweet and chewy, and loaded with crunchy chocolate chips and soft walnut pieces throughout. I love eating cookies that I can totally devour without having to suffer from a tummy ache… and these cookies make that’s possible!
Reasons why you will love these One Bowl Chewy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- They are gluten free, but you would never know it!
- They are soft and chewy and dense thanks to the almond flour.
- You can make the dough while only dirtying one bowl and a few mixing/whisking utensils!
- You can snack on them guilt-free.
- They are loaded with delicious chocolate chips and walnuts, adding sweetness and a nice crunchy texture.
- They are perfect as an after school snack, pre or post workout, or just a yummy treat.
- The almond flour provides protein (almond flour contains 21% protein by weight), along with manganese, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats and is low carb.
If you are totally craving even more cookies, you MUST try out some of my other recipes on Wholistic Foodie that are also made with almond flour!
- Flax & Hempseed Chocolate Chip Cookies: These are super yummy, gluten free and loaded with healthy anti-inflammatory fats.
- Grain Free & Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies: PERFECT for summer snacking!
- Chocolate Flour Zucchini Cookies: The most delicious way to hide vegetables in a cookie (this recipe is grain free too!)
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies: My OG paleo cookie recipe.
I hope that you absolutely LOVE these chewy chocolate chip walnut cookies! If you make this recipe, be sure to let me know in the comments below, and tag me on Instagram or Pinterest @wholisticfoodie and use the hashtag #wholisticfoodie!
- Substitute vegan butter to make this recipe dairy free. You could also potentially try melted coconut oil, however I have not personally tried this yet.
- If you require these cookies to be gluten free for dietary reasons, be sure to purchase certified gluten free oat flour.
- My favourite brand of chocolate chips is Enjoy Life! They are allergen friendly and low in sugar.
One Bowl Chewy Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- February 17, 2021
- 32 min
- Print this
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw walnut pieces
- large flake sea salt
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2
- Add the melted butter, egg, coconut sugar, tahini and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Mix with an electric beater for 30-60 seconds, or until fluffy. Add the almond and oat flour along with the salt and baking powder and mix well to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts until combined.
- Step 3
- Scoop 3 heaping tbsp of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2-3 inches of space in-between each cookie.
- Step 4
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges lightly begin to brown. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.