If you don’t like peanut butter cookies, you should probably not talk to me. Just kidding of course! But if you’re not really sure if you love pb cookies or not, you definitely need to try these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies! They just might convert you!
Peanut butter cookies have been one of my favourite cookies for as long as I can remember. I like them when they’re soft and chewy, with an indent from a fork pressed into the unbaked dough (not necessary for flavour, just cute!). They are my dads fave too and we always used to eat them together. I LOVE a good quality cookie, made with real butter, not too sweet and baked within the last 12-24 hours preferably. But I’ll happily settle for a store bought cookie without putting up a fuss!
These cookies are a dream come true. I like the addition of oat flour instead of whole oats, as oat flour makes these cookies super chewy and also adds nutrition from the whole grain and a little bit of fibre. I am also currently super into using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips! I used the organic 70% dark chocolate chunks from Organic Matters and they are seriously my new fave chocolate to use in baked goods!
I love that these peanut butter oat chocolate chunk cookies are naturally gluten free, dairy free, and free of refined white sugar. That makes these a perfect healthy snack for any time of the day.
Reasons why you will love these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- They are loaded with absolutely DELICIOUS chocolate chunks
- They are high in protein thanks to the peanut butter
- They are naturally gluten free
- The recipe only calls for 7-8 ingredients!
- You can whip these bad boys up in as little as 20 minutes
Ingredients you will need to make these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Peanut butter (make sure the only ingredients are peanuts and salt). A drippy kind of peanut butter works best since the batter will be SUPER thick
- Coconut sugar
- Free range eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Oat flour (you can make your own oat flour by adding rolled oats to a food processor or your blender, and processing until a fine powder)
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- Large flake sea salt (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
Equipment you will need to make these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- A baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- A medium/large mixing bowl
- An electric mixer (handheld or table top)
- A wooden mixing spoon
- An oven.. duh!
Check out and follow the recipe below! You won’t regret it 😉
I hope that you absolutely LOVE these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies! If you make this recipe, be sure to let me know in the comments below, and tag me on Instagram or Pinterest @wholisticfoodie and use the hashtag #wholisticfoodie!
If you’re a fan of cookies like me and want to keep on baking, be sure to try out some of my other recipes:
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- March 25, 2021
- 20 min
- Print this
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (make sure the peanut butter is drippy, not hard and the only ingredients are peanuts and salt)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-2/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (can use chocolate chips instead)
- large flake sea salt to garnish
- Step 1
- Preheat to oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla extract using an electric mixer. Add in the oat flour and baking soda and stir well to combine (at this point, switch from using the electric mixer to a large mixing spoon). Note: the dough will be very thick!
- Step 3
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then use a cookie scoop and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie (I did two separate batches with 8 cookies on each baking sheet).
- Step 4
- Lightly press the dough down using the palm of your hand, sprinkle a little bit of large flake sea salt on top and bake for 9 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Step 5
- Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack. Once the cookies have fully cooled, transfer to a cookie jar or an airtight container. Will keep for 5-7 days.