You just worked out. You’re sweaty and tired af. You want to take a shower and clean up. Maybe first you need to hurry off to the washroom to take a poo after all those squats. In addition to all of the above, you’re probably really hungry too right?
Smoothies are super convenient to make and consume quickly after a workout so you can go take care of all of your post workout needs. This smoothie is packed with green goodness. Here’s a quick breakdown of the ingredients:
- Spinach: Vitamins K, A, E, C, Iron, B2, B6, Calcium, Potassium and Choline.
- Avocado: Vitamins C, E, K, B5, B6, Magnesium, Potassium, Niacin, Lutein, Beta-Carotene and Folate.
- Banana: Potassium, Vitamin C, B6, Tyrosine.
- Spirulina: Chlorophyll, Protein, Copper, Iron, B1, B2, B3, Magnesium, Potassium, Manganese.
- Hemp Milk: Omega 3’s
- Protein: Basically just a bunch of amino acids, protein helps to repair muscle.
- Lemon: Vitamin C, B1, B6, Calcium. Very alkalizing and detoxifying.
Enjoy this quickly on the go or make ahead and take it with you!
- L-Glutamine to reduce muscle soreness and speed up recovery is optional but recommended if you just killed your workout!
Power Greens Post Workout Smoothie
- January 25, 2019
- 5 min
- Print this
- 2 C Organic spinach
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 scoop of your favourite vanilla protein (I used Botanica Perfect Protein)
- 1 1/2 C hemp milk (or milk of choice)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- handful of ice cubes
- Stevia to sweeten
- Step 1
- Add all ingredients into high speed blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately!