There’s not much to say about this recipe that isn’t self explanatory.
Peanut butter and jelly is an all time classic flavour combination that makes everyone happy (unless you have a peanut allergy of course). This recipe has an additional ingredient that makes it oh-so-cool; that ingredient is psylocybin. I have written a whole informative article on magic mushrooms that explains a lot of what you should know when considering microdosing. Be sure to check it out and read before making this recipe so you are well educating and making an informed decision.
I hope you that enjoy this unique recipe and it makes microdosing as easy and delicious as ever.
- This recipe requires a micro scale to accurately weigh the mushroom. The amount used in the capsule of the neuroblend is 0.08g. It is up to the individual to determine what amount of psilobin will work for their microdose. Typically, anything more then 0.10g of psilocybin is no longer considered a microdose. However, you should take that with a grain of salt. I am 107lbs, and a dose of 0.08g will affect me differently compared to someone who is 200lbs for example. So finding your perfect dose may take some trial and error. It is always wiser to start small so in this case, I recommend starting at 0.08g.
- You will also require a blender, food processor of coffee grinder to turn the mushrooms into a powder before using them in this recipe. Turning the mushroom into powder first makes it have a better texture in the PPB&J cup, and also evenly distributes the psilicybin (the caps are more potent compared to the stems, so this way, the psilocybin distributed is consistent throughout each peanut butter cup).
- March 2, 2020
- 1 hr 15 min
- Print this
- 3/4 C smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp raspberry jelly or jam
- 0.80g -1g psilocybe cyanescens or psilicybe cubensis, powdered
- large flake sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Step 1
- Combine peanut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Gently whisk to combine. Stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Step 2
- Line a muffin tray with 9-10 paper or silicon muffin liners. Fill the liners with 1 heaping tbsp of the peanut butter mixture. Transfer to the freezer to set.
- Step 3
- There are two options to distribute the mushrooms throughout the cups. You can stir the mushroom powder into the 3 tbsp of jam. Mix well, then distribute 1 tsp of the jam in each peanut butter cup. This is the fastest way. OR measure 1 tsp of the jam and transfer to a ramekin or small bowl. Weigh 0.08-0.10g of the mushroom powder and mix into the jam, then scoop into the peanut butter cup. There is no right or wrong way, but the second way ensures a consistent dose of mushrooms throughout each peanut butter cup.
- Step 4
- Evenly distribute the remaining peanut butter mixture to finish the cups and garnish with large flake sea salt or crushed peanuts. Transfer to the freezer to set. Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.