If you’re looking for a dairy free, non traditional version popcorn that is freaking delicious, look no more. Surprisingly, you don’t need butter to coat your popcorn with a delicious layer of fat. The olive oil in this recipe does the trick perfectly!
We don’t make popcorn often in our home because it’s not very healthy and also corn is a mutant food (thanks Monsanto, you dicks). Another reason we don’t make it often is because popcorn just causes intestinal distress… So we try to limit our intake of this extremely addictive food!
- make your popcorn, and set aside a small bowl of plain popcorn that won’t be seasoned.
- season the rest of the popcorn with lots of butter and mineral salt.
- portion some of the buttery popcorn into a separate bowl and throw in chocolate chips or mini M&Ms.
- portion some of the buttery popcorn into a separate bowl and sprinkle with dill pickle popcorn seasoning.
… I didn’t say my popcorn eating ways were healthy 😛 But they are the best, I promise!
- Feel free to get creative by using other herbs and spices to season your popcorn with! Turmeric & black pepper, taco seasoning and dill are a few of my other favourites!
Rosemary Black Pepper Popcorn
- February 18, 2020
- ~14 cups
- 20 min
- Print this
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 C popcorn kernals
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tbsp rosemary, minced
- black pepper
- Step 1
- Cook popcorn as directed on package. If you are cooking stovetop or in a Whirly Pop, cook in coconut oil. If using an air popper, omit coconut oil.
- Step 2
- Once popcorn has fully popped, drizzle olive oil, salt and rosemary. Toss to evenly coat.
- Step 3
- Crack freshly ground pepper on popcorn until desired level of spice is reached and toss again to evenly coat.