What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word goddess? Beyoncé? Goddess yoga pose? If you first thought of anything other than yourself… you have some brain rewiring to do!
This dreamy green goddess soup is packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants to make you feel like the goddess you truly are.
It’s light, creamy and brightened with a hint of lemon. The perfect dinner for springtime on those days you maybe skipped your usual salad at lunch because it’s easy to make and requires minimal prep time.
If you are considering doing a spring detox to cleanse the body of toxins and have a fresh start, this soup is totally detox approved!
Plant based and full of LOVE.
- this recipe calls for 1 lb asparagus, trimmed. This is the edible portion weight, not the weight prior to trimming the woody ends. If you are purchasing asparagus by weight, I would suggest buying around 1.25 lbs of asparagus. If you are buying by the bunch, I would recommend 2 bunches. But don’t stress about buying the perfect amount. It’s just soup!
- If you are using fresh herb, use 1 tbsp of each instead of 1 tsp.
Vegan Green Goddess Soup
- April 8, 2020
- 45 min
- Print this
- 1 C raw cashews
- boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, rough ends trimmed
- 2 C spinach, packed
- 1 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon, dry
- 1 tsp dill, dry
- 5 C vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- optional garnishes
- roasted or fried asparagus tips
- whole wheat croutons
- cashew cream
- pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Step 2
- While the cashews are soaking, heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and let sweat for 5 minutes. Add garlic, asparagus, spinach, basil, tarragon, dill and salt. Cook 10 more minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in vegetable stock and salt, and bring to simmer for 15 minutes (or until asparagus is soft). Drain and rinse cashews, then add them to the soup along with the lemon juice.
- Step 3
- Puree soup in a high speed blender, being careful not to fill more than half of the blender full, and starting on the lowest speed.
- Step 4
- Portion soup into bowls, garnish as desired and serve!