Hey homies. Not sure if you’ve noticed but it’s been a while since I published a recipe.
My life has been nucking futs since February and I’ve been living in a blur the last few months. I’m not going to open up about it right now because this post is about muffins and not an open diary, and I will likely write a separate post later on when I feel more able to write about what I’ve been going through the last few months.
But I will let you know that right now I’m taking baby steps to get my life back on track.
Itty bitty baby steps, meaning that I’m hoping to slowly start publishing recipes again.
Trying to not hold myself to my usual high expectations, but being gentle, kind and patient with myself. Doing this will allow my creative energy to flow again and will result in more food being made and thus, more content being published and coming your way. Yay!
So about these muffins.. They are SOOOO MOIST.
Like super moist.
Moisty moisty moist.
(is moisty even a word? don’t know don’t care.)
They’re grain, gluten, dairy free and I should probably mention again that they’re super moist. Perfect for an afternoon or post workout snack to balance blood sugar levels and they can be whipped up while only dirtying 1 bowl and baked in less than 30 minutes.
Zucchini & Honey Chocolate Chip Paleo Muffins
- May 14, 2019
- 35 min
- Print this
- 1 C zucchini, grated (1 small zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 C + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 C chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare muffin pan with 12 regular sized liners, or 24 mini muffin liners and spray them with a non-stick oil.
- Step 2
- In a medium-large size bowl, mix zucchini, eggs, olive oil, honey and tahini. Then incorporate the almond & coconut flour, baking soda & powder, salt and cinnamon. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Step 3
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way and garnish with a few chocolate chips on top, and a pinch of large flaked sea salt if you’re feeling fancy.
- Step 4
- Bake 20 minutes for regular sized muffins, 18 minutes for mini muffins or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Step 5
- Let cool completely before removing from muffin pan and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.